Shreveport Construction Accident Lawyer
Striving for the Maximum Recovery on Your Behalf
While accidents can occur in any line of work, construction workers are especially prone to injury. The high rate of accidents and injuries among construction workers is due not only to the nature of the work itself, but to the common occurrence of neglectful supervision or unsafe working conditions as well. Unfortunately, construction accidents frequently lead to far more severe injuries than accidents that occur in other occupations, leaving victims with serious, lasting injuries and even fatalities.
If you or a loved one were involved in a construction accident, contact the construction accident attorney at The Law Office of Verity Gentry Bell, LLC as soon as possible. Having handled thousands of personal injury cases, Ms. Bell is prepared to aggressively negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. She will fight to recover the full compensation you are owed while simultaneously providing kind, compassionate guidance that’s tailored to your unique situation.
Call the firm today at (318) 225-7140 to set up your free initial case evaluation.
Common OHSA Violations at Construction Sites
As a construction worker, you are protected by certain rights. These rights are outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and are in place to ensure safe working conditions for laborers.
Common construction site safety standard violations, per OSHA, include:
- Improper protection from falls: This can include insufficient railings, covers for holes in floors, harnesses, and safety nets.
- Unsafe scaffolding: Slipping, being struck by falling objects, or falling through unsecured planks are all risks associated with unsafe scaffolding.
- Inadequate protections for worker respiration: Improper training and lack of supervision for respirator use can lead to workers breathing in harmful vapors and dust.
- Hazardous energy conditions: Sources of energy like steam valves, conveyor systems, and wiring which are not maintained to safety standards can lead to significant injury or fatality.
- Unsafe or improper use of ladders: When safety standards are not enforced regarding the use of ladders, falls resulting in serious injury can happen even from relatively small heights.
If you suffered an injury on a construction site, and you believe the accident occurred because of a safety violation or act of negligence, an experienced Shreveport personal injury attorney can help. Ms. Bell is dedicated to helping clients recover the fair financial reparation they are owed after an unexpected accident.
Looking for a personal injury lawyer in Shreveport? Call The Law Office of Verity Gentry Bell, LLC at (318) 225-7140 today for a free consultation.