Shreveport DUI Defense Attorney
Call the Law Office of Verity Gentry Bell, LLC
If you were recently arrested and jailed for DUI, you very well may have concerns about the future. With every DUI case, there is a possibility for jail time, losing your license, potential fines, and court dates. All of these potential consequences can have a serious impact on your life without an aggressive legal defense.
If you’re at a loss for what to do next, we can make it simple: contact the Shreveport criminal defense lawyer at the Law Office of Verity Gentry Bell, LLC for a consultation on the details of your case. In this dynamic and particularly science-dependent practice area, our firm can ensure your DUI arrest receives the scrutiny it deserves before the law.
The impacts of a DUI conviction can be significant without adequate defense:
- Potential jail time: Whether this is a first offense or subsequent, you may face varying jail time as well as a court-approved substance abuse program.
- Loss of license: Depending on the severity of your offense, you may be facing a license suspension for months or longer.
- Ignition interlock: After any license suspension, you may be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle for a period of time.
- Financial penalties: Miscellaneous court fines, fees for substance abuse programs, and license costs can add up.
- Insurance: Auto insurance will typically become more costly with a DUI conviction, and after a suspension may necessitate your obtaining an SR-22 rider on your insurance policy. Some carriers will terminate insurance after a DUI conviction.
Call the Law Office of Verity Gentry Bell, LLC at (318) 225-7140 today to start the process. We're ready to hear from you.
Administrative Hearings & Criminal Charges
When you are arrested for DUI in Shreveport, your license is automatically suspended. This is suspension is an administrative matter through the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles and separate from the criminal DUI charges against you.
At our firm, we can help you deal with both these matters: Ms. Bell can represent your interests in your administrative hearing and confront your criminal charges in court. In both instances, our clients can count on diligent, comprehensive representation that puts defending their rights and driving privileges at the forefront of their case.
Don’t wait to act after your DUI charges. Request a free case evaluation today.